These are my top dishes. I can still taste each and every one of them like they're sitting on my tongue right now. Six of them made me cry right there in public in a strange country even though everyone wasalready staring at me because I'm blonde and have six inches on everyone.
Clicking on a dish links to an individual entry when applicable. I have done my best to drop a pin near the right location in Google Maps as I remember it so that you may drop everything, get on a plane, and fly out to these rare gems while you can! I do this because addresses are often nonexistent or meaningless, and place names are invisible, in strange script, or irrelevant. But please remember that this is Asia, things pop up and blink out of existence in the snap of a finger, and I cannot be responsible for anyone's wasted $1500 plane ticket in search of a 3 buck grilled fish (however much I support the principle of the search, and I do).
Top Ten Best Dishes:
1. Laotian grilled fish, Ruili, Yunnan, China - 25 kuai ($4) - map
2. Sushi Dai, Tsukiji, Tokyo, Japan - 3900 yen ($39) - map
3. Com hen, District 1, HCMC, Vietnam - 48000d ($2.50) - map
4. Ốc bông me, chem chép mỡ hành , District 1, HCMC, Vietnam - 100000d ($5) - map
5. Ruili crabs, Ruili, Yunnan, China - 40 kuai ($5.50) - map
6. Bò lá lốt, Binh Tan District, HCMC, Vietnam - 91000d ($4.50) - map
7. 'Potato' chips, special mountain veg, stirfry eggplant, tofu with water spinach, Weishan, Yunnan, China - 24 kuai ($4) - map
8. Roast street fish with lotus and quail egg xiaokao, Ruili, Yunnan, China - 20 kuai ($3.25) - map
9. Pork rib ramen, Osaka, Japan - 700 yen ($7) - map
10. Shrimp tempura platter, Tanabe, Japan - 800 yen ($8) - map